To minimize postage expense, use optimal sizes and formats and proper art preparation when developing direct mail campaigns.
A few things to remember:
- Get to know your USPS Mailpiece Design Analyst (MDA). You can find your local MDA here.
- Stay within letter size
- Aspect ratio is key to machinability for letter-size mail. Get a shape-based pricing template from USPS
- Address is always parallel to the longest dimension
- Fold placement should be along the bottom edge (below the address) or at the lead edge (to the right of the address)
- Don't let your design concept get in the way of practicality
For more helpful direct mail tips like this, you can listen to PaperSpecs' recent Webinar “Direct Mail Dynamics,” which is presented by Trish Witkowski of FoldFactory.com and sponsored by Neenah Paper.
For more folding ideas, tools and resources, visit foldfactory.com.