Terms & Conditions
1.1. Effective Date. The effective date of this Agreement is May 1, 2016.
1.5. Arbitration and Remedies. These terms contain a mandatory arbitration of disputes provision that requires the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limits the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute. See Section 27 (Dispute Resolution) for full details.
4.1. By accessing and/or using the Service, including by doing so after accessing this Agreement, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old, are a resident of the United States, and are otherwise legally qualified to enter into and form contracts under applicable law.
4.2. Corporate Use. If you are using the Service on behalf of a company, you further represent and warrant that you are authorized to act and enter into contracts on behalf of that company.
5.1. Personal Use Only. The Website and Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
5.2. No Reproduction. The Service, including any portion of the The Paper Mill Store Website, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, transmitted, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the prior, express written consent of The Paper Mill Store.
5.3. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by The Paper Mill Store. Without limitation, this Agreement grants you no rights to the intellectual property of The Paper Mill Store or any other party, except as expressly set forth herein. The license granted in this section is conditioned on your compliance with this Agreement. Your rights under this section will immediately terminate if you breach, actually or potentially, in the sole judgment of The Paper Mill Store, any provision of this Agreement.
6. Assumption of Risk; Release
You knowingly and freely assume all risk when using the Service. You, on behalf of yourself, your personal representatives, and your heirs, hereby voluntarily agree to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify The Paper Mill Store, Inc. and its stockholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, consultants, representatives, sublicensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Company Parties") from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, emotional distress, loss of privacy, or other damages or harm, whether to you or to third parties, that may result from your use of the Service.
7. User Account, Accuracy, and Security.
7.1. User Account. To access and use certain parts of the Service, you may be asked to create a user account ("Account"), and to provide information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information").
7.3. No Pseudonyms. You must use your real name on The Paper Mill Store; pseudonyms are not allowed. Any use of a pseudonym violates Section 7.2 (Account Information Accuracy) and is cause for suspension or deletion of your Account.
7.4. Account Security. You will also be asked to provide a username, password, and possibly other information to secure your Account. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use the username or password of any other user at any time, nor may you share your username and password, nor may you circumvent any authentication mechanism requiring the entry of usernames, passwords, or any other information to gain unauthorized access to the Service. You agree to notify The Paper Mill Store immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. The Paper Mill Store shall not be liable for any loss that you incur because of someone else using your Account, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by The Paper Mill Store, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else's use of your Account.
8. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications from Company.
By registering for the Service and providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby expressly consent to receive electronic and other communications from The Paper Mill Store, over the short term and periodically, including email communications. These communications will be about the Service, new product offers, promotions, and other matters. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication. You agree that these electronic communications satisfy any legal requirements that communications or notices to you be in writing.
9. Consent to Receive Electronic Communications from Company Partner Marketers.
Without limitation, by registering for the Service and/or by providing your name, email, postal or residential address, and/or phone number through the Service, you hereby consent to receive, and openly and knowingly solicit, electronic communications, including email communications, from The Paper Mill Store partner firms which may include third party marketing companies, affiliates, advertising agencies, and data aggregation companies regarding their services, including offers, promotions, and other related matters. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication.
10. Third Party Websites.
The Service is linked with the websites of third parties ("Third Party Websites"), some of whom may have established relationships with The Paper Mill Store and some of whom may not. The Paper Mill Store does not have control over the content and performance of Third Party Websites. The Paper Mill Store has not reviewed, and cannot review or control, all of the material, including computer software or other goods or services, made available on Third Party Websites. Accordingly, The Paper Mill Store does not represent, warrant, or endorse any Third Party Websites, or the accuracy, currency, content, fitness, lawfulness, or quality of the information, material, goods, or services available through Third Party Websites. The Paper Mill Store disclaims, and you agree to assume, all responsibility and liability for any damages or other harm, whether to you or to third parties, resulting from your use of Third Party Websites.
11. Product Descriptions.
The Paper Mill Store attempts to be as accurate as possible in its product, pricing, and rebate information; however, The Paper Mill Store cannot guarantee that product descriptions and/or specifications, pricing, or any other content on the Website are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event that information is incorrect due to typographical, informational, technical, or other errors, The Paper Mill Store will not be liable for any loss or discrepancy with accurate data. If a product offered on the Website is not as described, or does not meet your expectations, your sole remedy is to return the product in accordance with The Paper Mill Store's Return Policy (see Section 16 (Returns)).
12. No Reliance on Third Party Content.
Opinions, advice, statements, and other information made available by means of the Service by third parties are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Those authors are solely responsible for their content. The Paper Mill Store does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any third-party information accessible on or through the Service, or adopt, endorse, or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by a third party by means of the Service. Under no circumstances will The Paper Mill Store be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted through the Service transmitted to or by any third party.
13. Product Pricing.
Except as otherwise noted, the price displayed for products on the Website represents the wholesale price, suggested by the manufacturer or supplier or estimated in accordance with industry practice; or the estimated wholesale value for a comparably featured item offered elsewhere. The Paper Mill Store cannot confirm the price of an item until you place an order; however, The Paper Mill Store does not charge your credit card or PayPal account until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite The Paper Mill Store's best efforts, a small number of items on the Website may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than the stated the price, The Paper Mill Store will, at its sole discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of the cancellation.
14.1. Payment Methods. The Paper Mill Store accepts credit cards and payment through your PayPal account. The Paper Mill Store may obtain pre-approval from your credit card company or from PayPal (as the case may be) for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing to your credit card or PayPal account occurs at the time of shipping or shortly after.
14.2. Sales Tax. A sales tax of 5.5% will be added for Wisconsin residents only.
All orders placed on the Website are subject to product availability, and will be shipped according to The Paper Mill Store's shipping policies. Please review the Shipping Information page on the Website, at http://www.thepapermillstore.com/shipping-information, for additional information on shipping times, rates and policies. In the rare event that your order never arrives, notification of lost items must be received within 60 days from receipt of the shipping confirmation e-mail.
All sales made through the Website are subject to The Paper Mill Store's return policies. For a complete explanation of the return policies, please review the Return Policy page on the Website at http://www.thepapermillstore.com/return-policy. Like this Agreement, The Paper Mill Store's return policies are subject to change.
17. Rewards, Reseller, Trade Discount, and Non-Profit Programs.
All buyer rewards, trade discount, reseller, and 501(c) non-profit discount programs, including points earned and discount levels, are provided at the sole discretion of The Paper Mill Store, and may be discontinued without compensation or consideration to all program members without notice. Program members agree that no compensation is due once the program has been discontinued. Please see further details of our Buyer Rewards program at http://www.thepapermillstore.com/rewards-and-discounts.
18. User Content.
18.1. User Content Defined. "User Content" is any content, material, or information, not including personally identifiable information (e.g., first and last name, address, phone number, email address, etc.), that you submit, upload, and/or post to, or transmit, display, perform, or distribute by means of the Service, whether in connection with your use of the Service or otherwise. This includes, without limitation, personal photos and videos.
18.2. You Own Your User Content. The Paper Mill Store does not claim ownership of any User Content. You retain all right, title, and interest, including without limitation all worldwide intellectual property rights, in and to your User Content.
18.3. License of User Content. By submitting, uploading, or posting User Content in any form with, through, or to the Service, you thereby grant the Company Parties a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, fully paid-up, worldwide, sublicensable, revocable (as set forth in Section 5 (License) of this Agreement), assignable license to copy or otherwise reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, enhance, transmit, publicly display or perform, reformat, and/or otherwise use User Content in connection with the operation of the Service, or any other similar or related business, in any medium now existing or later devised, including without limitation in advertising and publicity. You further agree that the Company Parties may publish or otherwise disclose your personal information in connection with their exercise of the license granted under this section. You agree to waive, and hereby waive, any claims arising from or relating to the exercise by the Company Parties of the rights granted under this section, including without limitation any claims relating to your rights of personal privacy and publicity. You will not be compensated for any exercise of the license granted under this Section.
18.4. Your Representations About User Content. You hereby represent and warrant that you: (a) own all rights, title, and interest in and to all User Content you submit, or are otherwise authorized to grant the rights provided the Company Parties under this section; or (b) have written consent, release, and/or permission of every identifiable individual person in any User Content you submit to use the name and likeness of every identifiable person in the User Content. You agree that you will not submit any User Content that does not fully comply with The Paper Mill Store's prohibitions against Objectionable Content, as detailed in Section 20 (Objectionable Content).
18.5. Company's Right to Reject User Content. The Paper Mill Store reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any User Content for any reason. The categories specified in Section 20 (Objectionable Content) and Section 21 (Prohibited Uses) are not exhaustive lists of content that The Paper Mill Store reserves the right to remove or deny.
19. Your Responsibility for Defamatory Comments.
19.1. You agree and understand that you may be held legally responsible for damages suffered by other users or third parties as the result of your remarks, information, feedback, or other content posted or made available through the Service that is deemed defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. Under Section 230 of the Federal Communications Decency Act of 1996, The Paper Mill Store is not legally responsible, nor can it be held liable for damages of any kind, arising out of or in connection to any defamatory or otherwise legally actionable remarks, information, feedback, or other content posted or made available through the Service.
19.2. If you raise or file any claim against The Paper Mill Store for conduct that a Court of Competent Jurisdiction later finds to constitute an "exercise of a publisher's traditional editorial functions," or the legal equivalent thereof, you agree to fully and immediately compensate The Paper Mill Store for all losses, liability, damages, costs, and expenses, including without limitation all attorneys' fees and expenses in defending the action and resolving the matter. If you fail to compensate The Paper Mill Store for any such claim, you hereby agree and authorize The Paper Mill Store to report your Personal Information, including without limitation your unpaid claim, to consumer credit reporting services, collection agencies, and others.
20. Objectionable Content.
21. Prohibited Uses.
The Paper Mill Store imposes certain restrictions on your use of the Service. Any violation of this section may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability. The following are expressly prohibited:
21.1. harassing or stalking any person, or contacting any person who has requested not to be contacted
21.2. providing false, misleading, or inaccurate information to The Paper Mill Store or any other person in connection with the Service
21.3. impersonating, or otherwise misrepresenting affiliation, connection, or association with, any person or entity
21.4. modifying or changing the placement and location of any advertisement posted through the Service
21.5. harvesting or otherwise collecting information about users, including email addresses and phone numbers
21.6. without express written permission from The Paper Mill Store, using or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars, or intelligent agents) to harvest or otherwise collect information from the Service for any use, including without limitation use on Third Party Websites
21.7. accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
21.8. attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, or any associated system or network, or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
21.9. interfering or attempt to interfere with the use of the Service by any other user, host, or network, including (without limitation) by means of submitting a malware or exploiting software vulnerabilities
21.10. using the Service to send unsolicited email, including without limitation promotions or advertisements for products or services
21.11. forging, modifying, or falsifying any network packet or protocol header or metadata in any connection with, or transmission to, the Service (for example, SMTP email headers, HTTP headers, or Internet Protocol packet headers)
21.12. while using the Service, using ad-blocking or other content-blocking software, browser extensions, or built-in browser options designed to hide, block, or prevent the proper display of online advertising
21.13. attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by the Company Parties in providing the Service, including without limitation any fraudulent effort to modify software or any other technological mechanism for measuring the number of impressions generated by individual content and/or the overall Service to determine and/or audit advertising revenues and payments, if applicable
21.14. creating additional accounts to promote your (or another's) business, or causing others to do so
21.15. paying anyone for interactions on the Service
22. Intellectual Property.
22.1. Compliance with Law.
- 22.1.1. You represent and warrant that, when using the Service, you will obey all applicable laws and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service is at all times governed by and subject to copyright and other intellectual property laws. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform, or distribute any content, information, or other materials in violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- 22.1.2. You hereby represent and warrant that you are the sole and exclusive owner of any User Content that you submit through the Service. You shall be solely responsible for any violations of any laws and for any infringements of third-party rights caused by your use of the Service. The Paper Mill Store users bear the sole burden of proving that content, information, or other materials do not violate any laws or third-party rights.
22.2. Trademarks. The Paper Mill Store, the The Paper Mill Store logo, Paper Store 24/7, Envelope Printing Store 24/7, Paperator, and CardMates (collectively, the "Company Marks") are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Paper Mill Store. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, and domain names appearing anywhere on, through, or in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of third parties. Neither your use of the Service nor this Agreement grant you any right, title, or interest in, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the Company Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos, or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the Company Marks generated as a result of your use of the Service will inure to the benefit of The Paper Mill Store, and you agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to The Paper Mill Store. You shall not at any time, nor shall you assist others to, challenge The Paper Mill Store's right, title, or interest in, or the validity of, the Company Marks.
22.3. Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice. All content and other materials available through the Service, including without limitation the The Paper Mill Store logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement, and organization thereof, are either owned by The Paper Mill Store or are the property of The Paper Mill Store's licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither your use of the Website nor this Agreement grant you any right, title, or interest in any such materials.
22.4. DMCA Policy.
- 22.4.1. As The Paper Mill Store asks others to respect The Paper Mill Store's intellectual property rights, The Paper Mill Store respects the intellectual property rights of others. The Paper Mill Store follows the notice and takedown procedures in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA").
- 22.4.2. If you believe content located on or linked to by the Service violates your copyright, please immediately notify The Paper Mill Store by means of emailed DMCA takedown notice ("Infringement Notice"), providing the information described below. If The Paper Mill Store takes action in response to an Infringement Notice, it will make a good faith attempt to contact the party who made the content available by means of the most recent email address that party provided to The Paper Mill Store.
- 22.4.3. Under the DMCA, you may be held liable for damages based on material misrepresentations in your Infringement Notice. You must also make a good-faith evaluation of whether the use of your content is a fair use; fair uses are not infringing. (See 17 U.S.C. Section 107, available at https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/107, and Lenz v. Universal Music Corp., No. 13-16106 (9th Cir. Sep. 14, 2015), available at https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/2937139/stephanie-lenz-v-universal-music-corp/.) If you are not sure if content located on or linked to by the Service infringes your copyright, you should first contact an attorney.
- 22.4.4. The DMCA requires that all Infringement Notices must include the following:
- 22.214.171.124. A signature, electronic or physical, of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf;
- 126.96.36.199. An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed;
- 188.8.131.52. A description of the nature and location of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright, in sufficient detail to permit The Paper Mill Store to find and positively identify that material;
- 184.108.40.206. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address; and
- 220.127.116.11. A statement by you: (i) that you believe in good faith that the use of the material that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, or by the copyright owner or such owner's agent; and, (ii) under penalty of perjury, that all of the information contained in your Infringement Notice is accurate, and that you are either the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- 22.4.5. Infringement Notices should be sent to email@example.com or by postal mail to Attn: Copyright Agent, The Paper Mill Store, Inc., 1535 Corporate Center Drive, STE 300, Sun Prairie, WI 53590.
- 22.4.6. The Paper Mill Store will respond to all DMCA-compliant Infringement Notices, including, as required or appropriate, by removing the offending material or disabling all links to the offending material.
- 22.4.7. Disclosure. All received Infringement Notices may be posted in full to the Lumen database (https://lumendatabase.org/), previously known as the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse.
23. Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability.
23.1. No Warranties. The Paper Mill Store, on behalf of itself and its licensors and suppliers, hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the Service, arising by operation of law or otherwise, including without limitation any and all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, no encumbrance, or title, in addition to any warranties arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. Neither The Paper Mill Store nor its licensors or suppliers warrants that the Service will meet your requirements, or that the operation of the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free. The Paper Mill Store disclaims all implied liability for damages arising out of the furnishing of the Service pursuant to this Agreement, including without limitation, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, delays, tortious conduct, errors, representations, or other defects arising out of the failure to the furnish the Service, whether caused by acts of commission or omission, or any other damage occurring. The Paper Mill Store shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages (including without limitation damages for lost profits or lost revenues), whether caused by the acts or omissions of The Paper Mill Store, Company Parties, or The Paper Mill Store users, or their agents or representatives.
23.2. Your Responsibility for Loss or Damage; Backup of Data.
- 23.2.1. You agree that your use of the Service is at your sole risk. You will not hold The Paper Mill Store or its licensors and suppliers, as applicable, responsible for any loss or damage that results from your access to and/or use of the Service, including without limitation any loss or damage to any of your computers, mobile devices, including without limitations tablets and/or smartphones, or data. The Service may contain bugs, errors, problems, or other limitations.
- 23.2.2. Importantly, you hereby acknowledge that a catastrophic disk failure or other similar event could result in the loss of all of the data related to your account. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to backup your data to your personal computer or external storage device and to ensure such backups are secure.
23.3. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall The Paper Mill Store or its licensors or suppliers be liable to you for any claims arising from your use with the Service, including without limitation for special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits, lost data or confidential or other information, loss of privacy, costs of procurement of substitute goods or services, failure to meet any duty including without limitation of good faith or of reasonable care, negligence, or otherwise, regardless of the foreseeability of those damages or of any advice or notice given to The Paper Mill Store or its licensors and suppliers arising out of or in connection with your use of the Service. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action. You agree that this limitation of liability represents a reasonable allocation of risk and is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain between The Paper Mill Store and you. The Service would not be provided without such limitations.
23.4. Application of Disclaimers. The above disclaimers, waivers, and limitations do not in any way limit any other disclaimer of warranties or any other limitation of liability in any other agreement between you and The Paper Mill Store or between you and any of The Paper Mill Store's licensors and suppliers. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain implied warranties or the limitation of certain damages, so some of the above disclaimers, waivers, and limitations of liability may not apply to you. The Paper Mill Store's licensors and suppliers are intended third-party beneficiaries of these disclaimers, waivers, and limitations. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you through the Service or otherwise shall alter any of the disclaimers or limitations stated in this section.
24. Your Representations and Warranties.
You represent and warrant that your use of the Service will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other The Paper Mill Store policies, and with any applicable laws or regulations.
25. Indemnity by You.
25.1. Without limiting any indemnification provision of this Agreement, you (the "Indemnitor") agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Paper Mill Store and the Company Parties (collectively, the "Indemnitees") from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action, and other proceedings (individually, "Claim", and collectively, "Claims"), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, and providing sole and exclusive control of the defense of any action to The Paper Mill Store, including the choice of legal counsel and all related settlement negotiations, arising out of or relating to: (i) the relationship between you and The Paper Mill Store, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory; (ii) your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (iii) your access to or use of the Service; (iv) your provision to The Paper Mill Store or any of the Indemnitees of information or other data; (v) your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, international, federal, state, or local law or regulation; or (vi) your violation or alleged violation of any third party's copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
25.2. The Indemnitees each have the individual right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by you of any Claim as to which you are required to defend, indemnify, or hold harmless any, each, and/or all Indemnitees. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Company Parties.
25.3. Without limitation, the Indemnitor also hereby agrees to compensate The Paper Mill Store for any and all lost revenues, future lost profits, reasonable search costs, and any other reasonable expenses resulting from any Indemnitor violation of Section 21 (Prohibited Uses), including without limitation any suspension of affiliate accounts or affiliate payment attributable to fraudulent efforts to manipulate or otherwise modify reported impressions generated by the Company Parties under any affiliate advertising agreement.
26. Liquidated Damages.
26.1. You acknowledge and agree that it would be difficult to ascertain the exact amount of damages that The Paper Mill Store would suffer as the result of the theft or misappropriation of Website graphics or images, especially if those graphics or images are exploited for commercial use, whether in connection with the sale of paper goods or otherwise, on a website or any other digital medium. Therefore, you agree that, in the event you steal, copy without authorization, or otherwise misappropriate Website graphics or images, The Paper Mill Store will be entitled to recover from you liquidated damages in the amount of $5,000.00 per graphic or image that is stolen, copied without authorization, or otherwise misappropriated. You agree that this amount represents a reasonable estimate of the damage that The Paper Mill Store would suffer.
26.2. Any action by The Paper Mill Store to enforce this section shall not be deemed a waiver of The Paper Mill Store's right to pursue, at The Paper Mill Store's sole discretion, any and all other remedies available to The Paper Mill Store under this Agreement or by law, including but not limited to, those remedies identified in Section 30.8 (Injunctive Relief).
27. Dispute Resolution.
27.1. Binding Arbitration.
- 27.1.1. If you and The Paper Mill Store cannot resolve a Claim through negotiations, either party may elect to have the Claim finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other(s).
- 27.1.2. You hereby acknowledge that without this provision, you would have the right to sue in court with a jury trial or to participate in a class action.
- 27.1.3. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
- 27.1.4. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by this Agreement, available at the AAA website www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. Except as otherwise provided for herein, The Paper Mill Store will pay the AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then you will pay the arbitrator fees, in addition to any amount that exceeds the filing fees. In that case, you also hereby agree to reimburse The Paper Mill Store for all payments disbursed that are your obligation to reimburse under the AAA Rules. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to resolve, except that issues relating to the enforceability of the arbitration provision are for a Court of Competent Jurisdiction to resolve. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through document submission, through telephone, or online. The arbitrator will issue a decision in writing, but need only provide a statement of reasons if requested by a party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. The Paper Mill Store may litigate to compel arbitration in court, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to modify, confirm, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator. The arbitrator shall award costs to the prevailing party (including, without limitation, fees, expenses, and reasonable attorneys' fees) at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party, within 14 days of the arbitrator's ruling on the merits.
27.2. Restrictions Against Joinder of Claims.
- 27.2.1. You and The Paper Mill Store agree that any arbitration shall be limited to each Claim individually. You and The Paper Mill Store hereby agree that each may only bring claims against the other in your or The Paper Mill Store's individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
- 27.2.2. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable in a Court of Competent Jurisdiction, the Claim will still be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration upon the election of either party, and any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other(s). In addition: (1) no arbitration shall be joined with any other arbitration, and (2) there is no right for any Claim to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to employ class action procedures, and (3) there is no right of authority for any dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf either of the general public or any other individuals.
27.3. Remedies in Aid of Arbitration; Equitable Relief. This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude you or The Paper Mill Store from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration, or confirm an arbitral award, from a Court of Competent Jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude you or The Paper Mill Store from applying to a Court of Competent Jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. "Court of Competent Jurisdiction" means any federal or state court: (1) that has jurisdiction over the subject matter; and (2) that is located in the State of Wisconsin.
27.4. Venue for any Judicial Proceeding.
- 27.4.1. This Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement's interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in the State of Wisconsin, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to its conflict of law principles. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
- 27.4.2. The proper venue for any judicial action arising out of, relating to, or in connection with this Agreement will be the state and federal courts located in or nearest to Madison, Wisconsin. The parties hereby stipulate to, and agree to waive any objection to, the personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts, and further expressly submit to extraterritorial service of process.
28.1. By Company. Without limiting any other provision of this Agreement, The Paper Mill Store reserves the right to, in The Paper Mill Store's sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny use of the Service to any person for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation for any breach or suspected breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in this Agreement, or of any applicable law or regulation.
28.2. Automatic Termination Upon Breach by You. This Agreement shall automatically terminate if you breach any of this Agreement's representations, warranties, or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by The Paper Mill Store.
28.3. By You. You may terminate this Agreement and your rights under it at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to The Paper Mill Store notice of your intention to do so, in the manner required by Section 29 (Notices).
28.4. Effect of Termination.
- 28.4.1. Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to you under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Service. Upon termination, The Paper Mill Store may, but has no obligation to, in The Paper Mill Store's sole discretion, rescind any services and/or delete from The Paper Mill Store's systems all your Personal Information and any other files or information that you made available to The Paper Mill Store or that otherwise relate to your use of the Service. Upon termination, you shall cease any use of the Service.
- 28.4.2. After termination, The Paper Mill Store reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent your unauthorized use of the Service, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with your Internet Service Provider.
28.5. Legal Action. If The Paper Mill Store, in The Paper Mill Store's discretion, takes legal action against you in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, The Paper Mill Store will be entitled to recover from you as part of such legal action, and you agree to pay, The Paper Mill Store's reasonable costs and attorneys' fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The Company Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to you or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.
All notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement must be in writing.
- 29.1. The Paper Mill Store shall give any notice by email sent to the most recent email address, if any, provided by the intended recipient to The Paper Mill Store. You agree that any notice received from The Paper Mill Store electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing.
- 29.2. You bear the sole responsibility of ensuring that your email address on file with The Paper Mill Store is accurate and current, and notice to you shall be deemed effective upon the sending by The Paper Mill Store of an email to that address.
- 29.3. You shall give any notice to The Paper Mill Store by means either hand delivery, certified U.S. mail (return receipt requested, postage prepaid), or overnight courier, each to The The Paper Mill Store, Inc., 1535 Corporate Center Drive, STE 300 Sun Prairie, WI 53590. All notices to The Paper Mill Store will be deemed received as follows: if by hand-delivery, on the date of delivery; if delivery by U.S. mail, on the date of receipt appearing on a return receipt card; or if by overnight courier, on the date the receipt is confirmed by such courier service.
30.1. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Paper Mill Store and you concerning your use of the Service.
30.2. Partial Invalidity. Should any part of this Agreement be declared invalid, void, or unenforceable by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity of any remaining portion hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect, and the parties hereby acknowledge and agree that they would have executed the remaining portion hereof without including the part so declared by a Court of Competent Jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable.
30.3. Amendments. This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of The Paper Mill Store, or by the unilateral amendment of this Agreement by The Paper Mill Store along with the posting by The Paper Mill Store of that amended version.
30.4. No Waiver. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement, or any breach, in any one instance, will not waive that term or condition or any later breach.
30.5. Assignment. This Agreement and all of your rights and obligations under it will not be assignable or transferable by you without the prior written consent of The Paper Mill Store. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors, and permitted assigns.
30.6. Independent Contractors. You and The Paper Mill Store are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
30.7. No Third Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement, with the following exceptions: the Company Parties; The Paper Mill Store's licensors and suppliers (to the extent expressly stated in this Agreement); and to the extent stated in the following Sections: Section 12 (No Reliance on Third Party Content), Section 10 (Third Party Websites), Section 23.4 (Application of Disclaimers).
30.8. Injunctive Relief. You acknowledge and agree that any actual or threatened breach of this Agreement or infringement of proprietary or other third-party rights by you would cause irreparable injury to The Paper Mill Store and The Paper Mill Store's licensors and suppliers, and would therefore entitle The Paper Mill Store or The Paper Mill Store's licensors or suppliers, as the case may be, to injunctive relief.
30.9. Headings. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and shall have no legal or contractual effect.